Since the first hand-made cookie was baked in 1892, Dare Foods maintains its commitment to high-quality products. With the very best ingredients and a passion for innovation, our wide variety of tasty snack foods are always Made Better.
Made Better is at the heart of everything we do at Dare, especially when it comes to baking delicious, quality snacks for your family. Dare maintains its commitment to high-quality products. Today, after over 125 years, Dare remains a Canadian, family-owned business that continues to build a legacy, rich in innovative, high-quality products that meet the changing needs of our customers.
Dare produces a wide variety of snack foods including cookies, crackers, confectionery, fine breads and candy, satisfying many different consumer needs like better-for-you, convenience and above all enjoyment – all of which fulfill our promise of being made better for your family.
This position manages part of the US portfolio, consisting primarily of snack and specialty crackers. Some of the brands in the portfolio include Breton, Cabaret, Vinta, La Panzanella and Lesley Stowe Raincoast Crisps. The position reports to the Director of Marketing, US Deli and Grocery Crackers.
The successful applicant is a consumer-focused marketer who can initiate, analyze and action consumer insights and market facts to drive business growth and profitability. Your passion for consumer marketing will be coupled with your proven ability to execute plans on strategy, on time and on budget.
As an experienced marketer, you will lead the strategic thinking, execution of the marketing mix and the portfolio’s priority projects. Your strength as a leader will provide for the ability to collaboratively lead cross functional teams in bringing winning new products, packaging and consumer programs to the market.
You are a curious, creative and insightful thinker, and a dynamic communicator. Your creativity and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to work independently and in a team will allow you to lead your projects throughout the organization with success.
What you bring:
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Shopper and Digital Marketing
- Social Media planning and execution
- Managing a Budget and P&L understanding
- Proven ability to develop a Strategic Plan
- Full knowledge and expertise of mainstream and specialty grocery channels
- Understanding of consumer behavior, preferably in the consumer goods sector
- Seasoned in Brand Management
- Leading and influencing teams
- Communicating effectively, verbally and in writing, and executive presentation skills
- An ease and comfort level working with a home office in another geography
- Brand owner for portfolio of brand(s) including leading the strategic growth plan
- Lead building the annual business plan (Action Plan) with input into growth targets (e.g. building block, risks & opportunities, etc.).
- Develop and lead the execution of integrated communication, media and marketing plans focused on 360-degree campaigns.
- Partner with Consumer Insights or agency partners to deliver key communications/media testing, measurement and on-going development and optimization.
- Driven by industry trends, work closely with R&D and cross-functional SMEs to develop innovation pipeline and product development from ideas and concept testing to launch.
- Working with internal and external partners like Sales, SS&P and Spins/IRI/Nielsen to identify brand and category trends to inform brand health and business strategy.
- Understand pricing and margins to ensure we are delivering consumer value in line with category trends, while delivering profit to meet company goals.
- Brief and support national shopper marketing programs, including creative oversight.
- Lead the development of annual brand budget & execute with excellence.
- 3-5 years of CPG (Food or Beverage) Brand Management experience
- 2 years working with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area
- Proven proficiency utilizing data and tools to identify insights that drive action to results
- At least 1 year of experience working with Agencies
- Some experience working with Distributors or Brokers
We offer competitive salary and benefits packages. NO relocation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter — with position title in subject line to: [email protected]