Made With: Roasted Garlic Croccantini
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 lb. assorted red or green heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 2 cups arugula, thick stems trimmed
- Combine shallot and vinegar in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and let stand 15 minute
- Transfer 2 Tbsp. vinegar from shallot mixture to a large bowl (reserve remaining vinegar with shallots). Whisking constantly, gradually add oil; whisk until combined. Season dressing with salt, pepper, and more vinegar from shallot mixture, if desired.
- Add tomatoes and their juices to dressing and gently toss to coat. Let tomato mixture stand at room temperature until tomatoes release more juices and soften slightly, about 1 hour.
- Add arugula and croutons to bowl with tomato mixture; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Drain pickled shallot. Serve panzanella topped with pickled shallot.
Original recipe found at