Mexican Shrimp Stew
Made With: Cracked Pepper Mini Croccantini
Rich and filling, with just a little bit of heat, this tasty seafood stew is a great option for lunch or dinner, and it’s especially delicious with our Cracked Pepper Croccantini.
- 1 1/2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- 1 cube vegetable boullion
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute another minute.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk, boullion, water, roasted peppers, and hot sauce. Bring to a gentle simmer, then add shrimp and cook until they are just opaque. Stir in lime, cilantro, and season to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Original recipe found at