Party Steak With Grilled Scallion Salsa Verde
Made With: Original Mini Croccantini
The perfect steak topper!
- 6 garlic cloves, finely grated
- ¾ cup plus 3 tbs. sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3 lb. skirt steak cut into 5” pieces
- Kosher salt
- 1 tbs. plus 2 tsp sugar
- 1 ¼ cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large bunches scallions
- 2 Fresno chiles, seeds removed, finely chopped
- Whisk together garlic and ¾ cup vinegar in a large bowl. Season steak well over with 1 tbs. Salt and 1 tbs. sugar.; transfer to marinade and turn to coat. Let sit, turning occasionally 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare a grill for med. High heat.
- Grill scallions turning occasionally, until charred and softened 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let cool.
- Grill steaks until charred and an instant read thermometer reads 120 degrees. 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim roots from scallion and thinly slice. Transfer to a medium bowl and add chiles and 1 ¼ cup of oil, 3 tbs vinegar and 1 tbs salt and 2 tsp sugar and mix well to combine.
- Slice steak against the grain into ¼” thick strips. Arrange on a platter and spoon some scallion salsa verde over.
- Serve additional salsa verde alongside.
Original recipe found at