Made With: Cracked Pepper Croccantini
A seasonal dish just in time for Fall!
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 tbs all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½” cubes
- 6 large poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped (1 to 1 ½ cups)
- 1 bag frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded Gouda
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook the bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Crumble when cool.
- Heat oil and butter over medium-high heat in the same Dutch oven. Add the onion, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 7-8 minutes or until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook briefly. Approximately 15 seconds.
- Add the flour and cook 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the roasted and peeled peppers, corn and heavy cream and bring back to a simmer. Add Gouda and cheese and stir until cheese has melted.
- Add half the bacon, reserving the remainder for garnishing the chowder.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and serve with Cracked Pepper Croccantini crackers!
Original recipe found at